Encinitas Acupuncture Services
Alison Reid-Bretell is a licensed acupuncturist practicing Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in Encinitas, CA since 1996. She founded Happy Toad Chinese Herbs in 1995 where she provides the highest quality herbal formulas and Chinese Patent Medicines to San Diego's North County area.
She is a graduate of Pacific College of Oriental Medicine Magna Cum Laude with a Masters of Traditional Oriental Medicine. She is a diplomate of the National Board of Acupuncture Orthopedics and a Qualified Medical Evaluator (QME) for the state of California since 2003.
She has taught at the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in San Diego and currently teaches Physiology, Pathology, Nutrition and Chinese Herb ology at the Natural Healing Institute (NHI) in Encinitas, California. She is often asked to speak publicly on topics to include:
- Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine for Stress Management, and
- Menopause and Treating Headaches and Migraines naturally.
Additional areas of special study include:
- Acupuncture Orthopedics, St. Vincent's Medical Center and Cedars-Sinai Hospital Los Angeles, CA
- Dr. Tan Balance Method
- Korean Hand Acupuncture
- Japanese Meridian Therapy with Kikko Matsumoto and Mikki Shima
- Advanced Clinical Herbology with Dr. J. Min Fan
- Traditional Chinese Gynecology with Dr. Yitian Ni